Thursday, May 8, 2008

What we discovered one day while waiting for the bus...

A week or two ago we were waiting for the bus. Nick noticed a Robin flying into the weed/shrub/tree like growing on the corner of the fence. It flew away when I came close...it was building a nest! So EVERYDAY since Nick has insisted on checking the nest for eggs. I told him probably not but maybe there would be eggs in it. The past few days we were running late and didn't check. Today we checked and I couldn't believe it there were 3 blue eggs in the nest! I put Nick on my back so he could see and got so excited and then hoisted Chad on my back so he could see too..."oh that's cool" he said. So I informed them to not to touch it and let the Robin mama do what she does. She didn't pick a very good spot! that area has a bunch of activity with us pulling up in our cars, getting out , opening the door, riding bikes ,and washing cars...hope they survive:-)


No comments: